Don’t forget to keep sending new photographs into Models Direct, they are what represent you to our clients and there is always room for improvement with pictures – so keep snapping away!
Here’s a few helpful tips to help you get some great pics:
- For natural shots the key to to keep the shoot time to a minimum, if you over think it it may appear forced and now show your true character. This is particularly the case if you are photographing children, they don’t sit still for long and the ultimate shot is when you capture their natural smiles!
- Make sure the picture is taken at eye level or slightly from above, this will avoid the double chins and is a more flattering angle to shoot from.
- Be careful what you have in the background, you don’t want the washing line as a backdrop, an untidy room or other people in the frame.
- Babies and children are cute when they are eating, but a modelling agency does not need pictures of babies and toddlers with food round their mouths, we are unable to put them forward to clients so please make sure your child has a clean face in pics.
- Use natural, outdoor locations, the light will be more complimentary and the background more professional.
- When photographing close up, use the zoom on the camera rather than going in too close.
- When uploading images to your online portfolio make sure they are not too small as when they are included in searches they can become pixalated and not of a high quality.
Don’t worry about trying to make every photograph completely perfect, have fun with it and don’t be scared to show your personality and character in the shots, this is a factor clients look for when selecting models for commercial purposes!
The media and film industry always needs supporting artists, extras! It’s a great way into the industry and means you might get to share the set with A list movie stars!!
You have probably wondered at some point where all the people come from in the background of films, commercials and TV Drama’s, they are not there by coincidence – they are extras! Models Direct represent Extra’s to the film and TV industry!
Huge Congratulations to our models Kristina, Rahul, Jamesn and Waleed who recently filmed a Youtube commercials for Axa PPP Healthcare – check out how they got on!!
“They are a real modelling agency in UK, who has real paid work. I recently completed a YouTube Video commercial with them and got my cheque today thanks Models Direct.” – Waleed
“Thanks to Molly for securing me the job for AXA PPP YouTube commercial. The job kept to their timings and the people were very friendly and professional. ” – Kristina
“It was a great on shoot, very professional people, loved to work with them. thanks Models Direct for a great day” – Rahul
Getting your child into the modelling Industry can be very daunting for parents, a mix of emotions and of course as every parent knows you just want your child to have the best opportunities available!!
The Models Direct team have years of experience in talking to anxious parents about the modelling and entertainment industry and how we have yours and your child’s best interest’s at heart throughout the whole process.
Kristina and her family have had great success with Models Direct – on Kristina’s most recent assignment she got to spend the day working with her whole family too!
“Such a great time when you can work with your whole family. Thank you so much to Models Direct and to the client who were brilliant!” – The Karlsen Family
“Thanks for putting me forward for the casting leading to this job today. Had a great few hours of work 🙂 here is a behind the scene photo with the photographer checking out the photos.” – Kristina
“Ideal Care Homes were friendly people to work with. The shoot was far to travel to but totally worth it. Thank you Models Direct! ” – Kristina
Family modelling is such an exciting opportunity, to have fun with your family and be paid for it!! The beautiful Golding family have had such fun on their assignments with Models Direct – here’s what Coral had to say about their experience’s so far…!
“We did a family shoot last week in London and everyone was so lovely! It was really chilled for the kids and we all really enjoyed ourselves. Would definitely recommend Models Direct!” – This is from their recent assignment with Sanctuary Housing.
Female model Frances is a talented musician and model, she plays piano and guitar and writes her own music too, the Models Direct team were delighted to secure her this recent assignment RAC. Frances has a condition called Spina bifida, but doesn’t let that get in the way of following her dreams!!
Most of us can only dream about spending the day dressing up as a bride, not the case for Models Direct’s female model Katherine….
“I recently completed a job with Models Direct for a Bridal show. Their correspondence was extremely prompt and they made sure I had all the relevant information about the booking. The job itself was very enjoyable as the client was both professional and welcoming. I would definitely use Models Direct in the future.”
If you are interested in modelling please visit www.modelsdirect.com