Signing up to a modelling agency is like signing up with any other agency – work cannot be guaranteed but you have to be on the books to be in with a chance...
Employment agencies of all kinds do their best to find work for those who are suitable, but the right job does not always come along for everyone.
Genuine modelling agencies such as Models Direct work in exactly the same way.
We would not put a female model, aged 40, with short dark hair, forward for an assignment requiring a blonde 20-year-old anymore than a recruitment agency would suggest an HGV driver for secretarial work.
Our job is to source modelling opportunities and offer a selection of the right kind of models our clients request for their particular project.
For each and every assignment, we go through our models’ portfolios and select those who fit the precise descriptions and client brief.
We then give our clients access to those portfolios for a period of time – and they make their final choice.
We then contact our chosen models to checktheir availability and discuss the details of the assignment with them.
The final choice is out of our hands, but, if you want to be in the running, you have to be on an agents books.
Those keen to find modelling work should therefore sign up to a trusted and established agency, such as Models Direct.
Then they need to ensure their portfolio and all their details are kept up to date and they must be ready to respond when contacted.
Signing up to an agency such as Models Direct, has many benefits.
Here are just a few:
1. We have a multitude of international, national and regional clients who contact us on a daily basis asking us to suggest models.
2. We represent the interests of our models at all times, checking out each and every booking thoroughly, ensuring the model’s safety and making sure all arrangements are in place.
3. We negotiate the best fees for our models and then ensure they are paid promptly after each and every assignment.
4. Every one of our models has a point of contact within the agency who is on hand to respond quickly and deal with any problems concerning a booking.
5. We are constantly in touch with new clients and know where to look to find all types of work for our models, from commercial and lifestyle to promotional.
6. We have been working in the modelling industry for many years (30+ years!) and have a highly experienced team.
7. We offer all our models advice on what they can do to improve their portfolios and give themselves the very best chance of becoming a model.
If you are not represented by an agency, then you miss out on all these benefits – and if you are not on our books then we can’t suggest you for any suitable work.
Find out more about becoming a model and then tell us all about yourself.