The world is changing, social media is changing and the way we are asking our models for their feedback is changing...
Models Direct has always encouraged its models to report back after each assignment, letting us know how the job went; what went smoothly, what didn’t; what they enjoyed about the overall experience.
This is important for us to understand – we need to know what went right, what went wrong and if anything needs to be improved upon in the way we work – it’s also great for aspiring models who haven’t yet been on assignment to hear what it’s really like!
It is in everyone’s interest for all the processes to be as smooth and efficient as possible…
In addition, it is vital that would-be models and other models on our books – and working through other agencies – see first-hand how we and our clients work.
They also want to hear about your personal experience of an assignment, so they have a real understanding of whether they might like to step into your shoes and try modelling through Models Direct for themselves.
In the past, feedback has always been written – and this can be found in the Reviews section of our website.
While this is invaluable, we now believe it is time to move with the times and, as such, we want to encourage our models to submit video feedback wherever possible too!
We are asking for a short, snappy, 30 – 60 second video, where our models talk to the camera, and report back on the job they have just undertaken.
This can then be featured online and can be uploaded to social media.
There are many benefits to submitting feedback in video format:
1. It is good practice to get into the habit of talking to camera. It will help you to become more confident and this will translate into your other modelling work.
2. The short video format works well on social media and on online. People can click, view and receive a short burst of information.
3. Static images and words do not have the same reach as video – video pulls the viewer right in and creates more engagement.
4. Those watching the video will not doubt its authenticity. When they see and hear you talking to camera, they will trust what you are saying.
5. Video format allows you to show your emotions much more – the viewer will have more understanding and will be able to make up their own mind about whether this is something they would like to try as well.
Online video content is the future – if you are offered and accept an assignment from Models Direct, ask us about submitting your video feedback afterwards.