Tips for being your best on a promotional assignment!
Promotional modelling is a great way to get into the world of modelling, Models Direct supply promotional models to a large selection of different clients across the UK. Promotional models are used at store openings, clubs, trade shows and public events to promote a business, service or product. This can involve handing out leaflets, chatting to visitors or maybe getting visitors to fill out a competition form. Whatever type of promotion modelling is offered, it’s a good introduction to modelling and can earn you some extra money.
Please follow and like us:
A good night’s sleep isn’t only good for our model looks, it’s also essential to staying healthy – but what can you do to avoid tossing and turning?
When we’re not walking up and down the catwalk or posing for photographs, the chances are we are sleeping. Considering we spend about 21 years of our life sleeping, burning the candle at both ends sounds an exciting alternative if there aren’t enough hours in the day, but a word of warning – sleep’s not only good for our looks, it’s also positively essential for our physical and mental health all of which are essential if you wish to succeed at modelling.
So what should you do if you’re going through a period of bad sleep? Well before rushing off to the doctor for sleeping pills, check out the Models Direct tips to getting a good night sleep.
- Avoid the Supermodel diet of coffee, alcohol or nicotine, especially for three hours before turning in.
- DO follow granny’s advice and have a warm milky drink. Granny must have known that dairy products contain tryptophan – a natural sleep inducer.
- Exercise is good to help maintain that model body but exercise strenuously late at night giving you that buzz will keep you awake.
- DO try some simple relaxation exercises – Lie on the floor or the bed and slowly work through your limbs and body, from your feet up to the top of your scalp, by stretching or clenching the muscles then relaxing them.
- DON’T allow yourself to nod off during the evening.
- Jump in the models favourite place, a hot bath, before you go to bed. As your body temperature drops afterwards, so you’ll begin to feel sleepier.
- Make your bedroom a room you want to relax in – pale walls and bed linen – blue is a good colour for relaxation.
- Make the room as dark as possible when the curtains are drawn and the lights switched off.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal three to four hours before going to bed.
- Do have a light carbohydrate snack – try a banana and a piece of toast – banana being another food rich in tryptophan.
Sweet dreams from us all at Models Direct . . .
Please follow and like us: