The many models on our books who are selected for assignments know just how hard we work for them.
Every model has a single point of contact within our experienced team: someone who will keep them informed, discuss jobs with them and oversee the process of each assignment.
How do we secure work for our models?
Clients contact us looking for models with a paticular look, level of experience and location, we then provide them with a selection of models who fit the brief and they can make a selection from.
They then make their choice and we offer the booking to the person (or people) they have chosen.
We are relentless in our pursuit of work for our models – and uncompromising in our drive to make contacts within the industry to ensure the best in the business keep coming to us.
Not only do we seek work within the localities in which our models live but we will also offer UK-wide and international bookings for those who are prepared to travel.
Networking can be a two-way street, however, and we encourage our models to work hard for themselves too.
Many of our successful models source work for themselves and then ask us to step in as their agent to manage the process for them.
This includes negotiating the best fee, overseeing relevant legalities, risk assessments and managing the entire process of the booking, from start to finish.
We also pay our models immediately after each job – unlike with other companies they don’t have to wait until the client has settled up first.
So how can you network and create modelling opportunities for yourself?
Here are our suggestions:
2. If you haven’t applied to join us yet, then do!
3. Keep your e-portfolio fresh and up-to-date this is essential to incresing your chances of being selected for work.
4. Make sure you are very active and effective on social media and that you post any new pics and report frequently on any modelling experiences with us.
5. Follow photographers, production companies and anyone else involved in the industry that is of interest to you on social media, especially if they are in your local area.
6. Be very wary, however, of responding to requests made to you directly online as they may not be genuine. Come to us and we will respond on your behalf to check them out and ensure your safety.
7. Ask us about having some of your own Models Direct cards printed up. We can discuss this process with you.
8. You can then hand these cards out to local photographers, production companies and others in the business who may well be seeking models for their assignments.
9. Let us know if you hear of any potential modelling opportunities via word of mouth from friends and contacts – as your agent, we can check them out for you.
10. Enjoy the process of looking for work yourself and dedicate some time to it every week. Those with drive and ambition are more likely to succeed!