Farewell summer! But amazing autumn is now here, and the change in the season could mark a few exciting new beginnings!
Now is one of the best times of the year for setting yourself some new goals and making a few changes in your life towards helping you to achieve what you really want to.
So here is our checklist of autumn aims for all models and would-be models who are ready to start stepping up and pushing themselves forward:
- If you are one of our existing models, refresh your e-portfolio. Take some new seasonal photographs, update any other details that are no longer current and tell us about any new experiences you have had that might be relevant.
- Would-be models, now is the time to be bold and just do it! Call us to find out more about how Models Direct works. Read the reviews from other models on our website. And, if it all sounds good to you, then hold off no longer. Take the step of signing up with us and you never know, you may have your first modelling assignment before Christmas if you are lucky!
- Make a list of all the things you would like to achieve before the festive season arrives. Keep it real and realistic, but don’t hold back. Try to achieve at least one of your autumn aims every week – and take great pleasure when you tick it on your list!
- Start planning a gentle new health routine. Consider what you are eating, how much you are exercising and perhaps make a few simple and easy changes that might help you to improve your self-esteem. Remember, the easier they are, the more likely you are to stick to them.
- If you smoke, think about whether this is the time to cut down or give up. This is a real challenge and perhaps you should consider whether you need help or support. Talk to your GP or health clinic about the options available to you.
- Consider any other lifestyle changes that might help you to feel better about yourself. Should you try to spend less time on your phone, more time with your friends or family, sleep more or even take up a new hobby or pastime? Some of these could well be beneficial to your modelling – musical, acting or sporting skills and activities can improve your self-confidence and if you really get going with them you should tell us about it.
- Wardrobe makeovers can also help us to feel refreshed and ready for change. Why not weed out a few of the clothes from the back of your drawers and wardrobes. Try selling them online or donate them to charity. Then perhaps treat yourself to one or two new autumnal items if you can afford it.
- Schedule a few fun activities between now and Christmas into your diary. Make social arrangements with friends, book tickets to that show you always wanted to go to or see if your favourite band is playing. We know these things can be expensive but sometimes it’s worth saving up to do those one or two special things that will really help to lift your mood. And there are so many things you can do with your friends that won’t be a strain on the pocket, including games nights, walks in the park, autumn picnics and movie evenings!