“Of all the gifts that life has to offer, a loving mother is the greatest of them all”
Mother’s Day this year could look a little different to perhaps you had imagined or planned, but that’s OK, with a little creative thinking you can still make sure your mum feels super special, loved and recognised for all the incredible things she does….
Many of the Models Direct team are mum’s themselves! We put our heads together, acknowledging that often it’s the simple gestures that mean the most to us mum’s and have put together a list of ideas you can do for your mum this Sunday that would mean more to her than any large family gathering or fancy meal out!
Make Mother’s Day 2020 the best yet:
- If you are living at home then start the day as you mean to go on and make your mum a special Mother’s Day breakfast, or even take her a cup of tea – the perfect way for any mum to start the day! Breakfast in bed!
- Communicate – whether you are hundreds of miles away or living under the same roof we are all guilty of not spending time talking to loved ones. Make time this Mother’s Day to call or even facetime your mum if you can. To hear your voice and know that you are OK and happy will mean more to your mum than you know.
- It’s not done so much now, but why not put pen to paper and write your mum a letter, it’s a great way to say what she means to you, it is a physical item she read over and over and treasure forever. If your mum is currently self-isolating than why not send her a weekly letter over the next 12 weeks, include photographs, thoughts, memories and funny stories. It’s a great way to stay connected and a special delivery for her to look forward to each week over this tricky time.
- Show your mum how much you care and arrange for a delivery of flowers, there are lots of florists who send flowers out in boxes by post, this can be found online and is a lovely gift to brighten anyone’s day.
- Get creative….why not make your mum a card, a hand made card means so much more than a shop bought one! You may not be artistic, but that doesn’t matter, try something new, whether you paint her a picture, sketch something or use a photograph of you and her, the thought and time that’s gone into it will speak volumes and show how much you care.
- If you are able to see your mum this Mothers Day then simply spend some time together, maybe watch her favourite TV show with her, read together, chat, bake….whatever she likes to do, be there with her.
The most special thing you can do for your mum is to tell her how much you love and appreciate her, hearing this will mean more to her than any material item or expensive lunch out….so wherever you may be this Mother’s Day be sure to tell your mum how much she means to you!
As a mum might like to do something for yourself this year and chat to one of the Models Direct team about your modelling potential….perhaps you’ve always dreamt of being infront of the camera or are thinking it’s time to try something new! Click here to get in contact.
Happy Mother’s Day for Sunday to all the wonderful mothers out there, you are amazing, stay strong and remember you’re doing an incredible job!