At Models Direct it is not essential to have professional pictures, we don’t ask our models to have expensive portfolios either, however it is essential to provide us with good, clear, up to date images of yourself, for us to have the best chance of securing you work.Read more
Are your portfolio photographs good enough?? If you want to give yourself a head start in the model & talent industry then this blog direct from the Models Direct team is one for you!
How are you supposed to know what a ‘good’ portfolio photograph is?? You may well have no experience in photography and/or are new to the talent and model industry so defining what is or isn’t a good image can be difficult!Read more
Don’t forget to keep sending new photographs into Models Direct, they are what represent you to our clients and there is always room for improvement with pictures – so keep snapping away!
Here’s a few helpful tips to help you get some great pics:
- For natural shots the key to to keep the shoot time to a minimum, if you over think it it may appear forced and now show your true character. This is particularly the case if you are photographing children, they don’t sit still for long and the ultimate shot is when you capture their natural smiles!
- Make sure the picture is taken at eye level or slightly from above, this will avoid the double chins and is a more flattering angle to shoot from.
- Be careful what you have in the background, you don’t want the washing line as a backdrop, an untidy room or other people in the frame.
- Babies and children are cute when they are eating, but a modelling agency does not need pictures of babies and toddlers with food round their mouths, we are unable to put them forward to clients so please make sure your child has a clean face in pics.
- Use natural, outdoor locations, the light will be more complimentary and the background more professional.
- When photographing close up, use the zoom on the camera rather than going in too close.
- When uploading images to your online portfolio make sure they are not too small as when they are included in searches they can become pixalated and not of a high quality.
Don’t worry about trying to make every photograph completely perfect, have fun with it and don’t be scared to show your personality and character in the shots, this is a factor clients look for when selecting models for commercial purposes!
In her two years registered as a model with Models Direct, Deborah has notched up some impressive assignments to add to her modelling portfolio.
Here she is modelling in a video commercial for Wex Photographic promoting a new Sony camera:
Here she is again on her Textile Fashion assignment but this time sharing the limelight with a host of other Models Direct models.
So what did Deborah think of her modelling assignments and what advice does she have for new models? Let’s listen to what she has to say about being a model with Models Direct.