We’ve all seen the ads featuring women with the most incredible long, silky smooth hair…
Models Direct’s model Nakita was successfully selected to feature in a promotional commercial for Nanogen Hair, her long hair was exactly what the client was looking for, ideal for this assignment!
It’s a known saying in the industry to never work with animals, but when they are this cute – who could resist!!
Animals are used alot in advertising and Models Direct are proud to represent a variety of different Starpets!
You can imagine how delighted the team were here at Models Direct to be able to offer these super cute puppies the assignment of a lifetime!! They were to star in the latest campaign for Lancome alongside model Taylor Hill – AMAZING!!
The Models Direct team love hearing from our models, we always make sure we speak to every model after an assignment to hear how they got on!
We are now very pleased to say that we are going to feature guest bloggers on here regularly to give you, our readers an insight into Models Direct as an agency direct from our talent!
2018 is here!!! Are you one for new year resolutions, diets, exercise regimes, new career….. what are your goals for the year ahead….?
A new year can be a super exciting time, but also can be quite daunting! Everyone around you is talking about what they hope the year ahead will hold for them, what they want to achieve and how they will better themselves, it’s a time when most people reevaluate their lives and themselves as people.
For a lot of people the new year is a opportunity to try something new and the Models Direct team get lots of interesting enquiries from clients around the UK with their marketing and campaign briefs for the year ahead. The Assignments team start scouting suitable talent for these roles and compiling shortlists for our clients to consider to make sure they have the right people for their exciting new campaigns, commercials and up and coming brands!
A good night’s sleep isn’t only good for our model looks, it’s also essential to staying healthy – but what can you do to avoid tossing and turning?
When we’re not walking up and down the catwalk or posing for photographs, the chances are we are sleeping. Considering we spend about 21 years of our life sleeping, burning the candle at both ends sounds an exciting alternative if there aren’t enough hours in the day, but a word of warning – sleep’s not only good for our looks, it’s also positively essential for our physical and mental health all of which are essential if you wish to succeed at modelling.
So what should you do if you’re going through a period of bad sleep? Well before rushing off to the doctor for sleeping pills, check out the Models Direct tips to getting a good night sleep.
- Avoid the Supermodel diet of coffee, alcohol or nicotine, especially for three hours before turning in.
- DO follow granny’s advice and have a warm milky drink. Granny must have known that dairy products contain tryptophan – a natural sleep inducer.
- Exercise is good to help maintain that model body but exercise strenuously late at night giving you that buzz will keep you awake.
- DO try some simple relaxation exercises – Lie on the floor or the bed and slowly work through your limbs and body, from your feet up to the top of your scalp, by stretching or clenching the muscles then relaxing them.
- DON’T allow yourself to nod off during the evening.
- Jump in the models favourite place, a hot bath, before you go to bed. As your body temperature drops afterwards, so you’ll begin to feel sleepier.
- Make your bedroom a room you want to relax in – pale walls and bed linen – blue is a good colour for relaxation.
- Make the room as dark as possible when the curtains are drawn and the lights switched off.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal three to four hours before going to bed.
- Do have a light carbohydrate snack – try a banana and a piece of toast – banana being another food rich in tryptophan.
Sweet dreams from us all at Models Direct . . .